Friday, April 18, 2008

A little help

In response to me briefly losing my mind yesterday (ok, it wasn't all that brief, but anyways...) I got a lovely email from my friend Nancy:

"..just read your blog my friend...

repeat after me...

Everything is going to be great. I love running. I love and eat the hills of Newton.. I have worked hard and am worthy of a memorable race filled with Kodak memories. I can do this. I will do this.

See you at the finish line....you can do it Lauren. Stay strong !!!!!"


I also got a message from one of my best friends in Chicago, Laura (she's in vet school, hence the reference to dog and cat diabetes):

"Ok - So I am in my 8am class learning about diabetes in cats and dogs . . . and I took a look at your blog - and I just wanted to let you know you will be fine on monday. I checked the weather and it is supposed to be cloudy (yeah!) with a high of 57 (and you will be done by the time it gets that hot I am sure). I just wanted to know I am sending good vibrations your way."

Thanks for keeping me (kind of) sane, guys. I need all of the help I can get!

No comments: