Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Robert Frost... marathon runner?

Ok, I know, Robert Frost was not a marathon runner... but while perusing the internet at work today for inspirational quotes to get me going on my training I came across this quote from one of my favorite poems:

"The woods are lovely dark and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep,
and miles to go before I sleep."
Kind of reminds me of my run this past Sunday through the woods of Lincoln. It is also an excellent reminder not only of the many (many) miles I have to go before my training is completed, but also of the promise that I have made to Dana Farber and how far I have to go until I reach, and hopefully surpass, my fundraising goal. It is really easy to get wrapped up in the enormity of simply training for the marathon but it is important to keep reminding myself what my most important goal here is; raising money to find a cure for cancer. So, armed with my new inspirational quote (thank you, Mr. Frost) it is time to start concentrating more fully on my fundraising. Bring on the donations!

1 comment:

AshleyBS said...

While at work, I find my mind wanders to more important things - did the Fug girls blog today? Is the new Chacarero open? How short should I cut my hair? and is Krzyrunner updating her website! Yes! Yes! She is and it's good. It's easy like Sunday morning and wonderfully written - excellent HC education, I must say. I'll admit, as her roommate I hear her moan and groan about strapping on those kicks some days but she always comes back telling me how awesome Shifter is or how she made a new friend. There's no doubt in my mind that this girl's going to run all those miles in superb time. Ok. Back to work.