Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

A lot of people think that voluntarily running 26.2 miles is crazy. A lot of people think that running that far as well as committing yourself to raise $17,000 is totally insane. Nevermind how crazy it is that as a member of DFMC you not only apply to be a member of the team, but you also pay money to endure 7 months of training culminating in 4 hours of pain (aka the marathon). Granted, along with the lengthy training season and brutal race, you also get training/ injury advice from the one and only Jack Fultz, a super snazzy DFMC singlet, and the chance to spend tons of time with the coolest people around- but all of that, good and bad, doesn't come cheap. So, this year, for my birthday, which was yesterday, I asked for DFMC as my present, and my dad happily obliged (thanks Dad!) May the training season be long and frigid, the beers full and cold, and the runs and post-runs be filled with fun and laughter... this is one birthday present that's going to last me all year. Happy Birthday to me.

No comments: