Monday, November 3, 2008

Run Jeffrey Run

There are few people in this world that I would wake up at 5 am on a Sunday and travel down to New York City just for the day for. There are even fewer people who I would do this for only to watch them run by in a speeding blur twice for mere seconds. Fellow DFMC runner, and member of the original "best carpool ever," Jeff, is one of those people. Jeff ran the NYC Marathon yesterday, and Tyler and I made the trek down to the city to surprise our fastest friend and cheer him on as he kicked major marathon-running butt (he ran a 2:47... see I told you he's fast). It was a long, but fantastic and fun day, and it was great to see Jeff after he deserted us for some dumb job in Washington, DC (kidding, sort of... the job isn't dumb, him living in DC is). It was also great to watch another big marathon being run (I've only ever seen Boston before) and inspired me to maybe (this is a big maybe) try to run a marathon in another city (in addition to Boston) at some point. Both Tyler and Jeff plan to do New York next year, so maybe I'll throw my name in the lottery next year and see what happens (I've still got several months and a Boston Marathon to run before I make any official decisions). For now, though, a huge congrats to Jeff for a fantastic race yesterday... way to do DFMC proud!!

No comments: